It is an interactive manual designed for quick and easy access to specific information around a PO job. To navigate through the document, one clicks on the desired link below, which will take to the relevant section. It is divided – Your development, Treating you fairly, Your wellbeing, Leading and supporting our people at work, Valuing your work – employee benefits. Basically it is a comprehensive career manual for PO. It can be used as a model in any country with due adaptations.
1. Your Development – New Officer Apprenticeship; Mentoring & Buddying; Training; Other Apprenticeships; Development Portfolios; Other roles; OSG Conversions; Careers.
2. Treating you fairly – HMPPS values (inc. equality, diversity & inclusion) ; Diversity and inclusion roadmap; Tackling Unacceptable Behaviours Unit (TUBU); Race Action Programme; Championing Women in the Workplace; Trade Unions; Diversity Champions; Staff networks.
3. Treating you fairly; Values & inclusivity – Occupational Health; Directory of wellbeing services; Colleague safety; Staff assaults – memorandums of understanding with the police.
4. Leading and supporting our people at work. Flexible working, leadership & line management – Flexible working; Family leave; Leadership expectations; Leadership training/sponsorship; Performance Management.
5. Valuing your work; A range of employee benefits – Pay (inc. pay award process); Future earning potential; Reward & Recognition (R&R) scheme; Employee benefits portal; Pension benefits; Sick pay; Annual leave; Time Off in Lieu (TOIL); Blue Light Card scheme; Travel costs; Other employee benefits.
6- Enhancing our offer – what’s next?MoJ/HMPPS People Plan; Supporting staff on level transfer; Increasing the frequency of promotional assessments; Transforming the OSG to Prison Officer scheme; Coaching; An innovative approach to OH; Enhancing our flexible working offer; The ‘Green Car’ lease scheme
HM Prison and Probation Service (2022). Looking after our people: The Prison Service employee package. Looking_After_Our_People_The_Prison_Service_Employee_Package__2_.pdf.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)